Search the pier’s archives:
“Times Square” Fandom posts:
- Times Square: ink drawings (Gepeng Dewantoro)
- Dead mothers, absent fathers: grief in Times Square
- Robin Johnson, Trini Alvarado and Tim Curry in “Film Review”
- Times Square in “Tiger Beat”
- “Times Square” fan t-shirts
- Times Square colour lobby cards
- Nicky and Pammy’s blood oath: NYC, pre-HIV
- Times Square, Here no More
- Robin Johnson in “Film Review,” Oct. 1980
- Times Square press kit photographs: Nicky and Pammy (1981)
- Times Square press kit photographs: Nicky and Pammy (1980)
- Times Square press kit photographs: Tim Curry
- Nicky and Pammy, Angeles
- Poem for Pamela Pearl
- I heart Robin Johnson
- Times Square press kit photographs: Robin Johnson
- Robin Johnson, et al, “Code Name: Foxfire” b/w promo pic
- Celebrating Robin Johnson!
- Times Square press kit photographs: Trini Alvarado
- Kamikaze Hearts in The Cleo Club
- Pamela Pearl is a RIOT GRRRL!
- Nicky + Pammy / White Girl + Cyclona: Times Square / Freeway II
- Times Square review in “Monthly Film Bulletin”
- Times Square / Robin Johnson centrefold!
- The Voice of Revolution / Robin Johnson’s voice
- Pammy, Working Hot
- Passion! Fashion! Trashin’!: the costumes of Times Square
- Times Square and the dearth of denim
- Timesqueer: POV editing
- Riot Women of Contemporary Cinema
- Nicky, Off You
- Trini Alvarado in “Smash Hits”
- Love letter to Nikki / Career Advice
- Nicky and Pammy, Hand in Glove
- Louise the monkey and Trini Alvarado’s tits
- Times Square: Deleted Scene
- Design for Living: Pammy and Nicky
- Pammy and Nicky, lucubrated
- Trini Alvarado pin-up
- Times Square “Lesbian Film Guide” review
- Nicky, this IS one of your best ideas
- ¡No Pasarán! ¡Venceremos! ¡Sleez For All!
- Robin Johnson pin-up!
- Times Square, nostalgia, and melancholy
- Pammy, Feed the Light
- Blaze a blaze: Trini and Robin, smokin’!
- Where are they now?: iii) Johnny LaGuardia
- St Nicky of the Piers
- Where are they now?: ii) Nicole “Nicky” Marotta
Posts by month:
Category Archives: Popular Culture
I am thrilled to present these two drawings by Bandung (Indonesia)-based artist, Gepeng Dewantoro. These works were especially commissioned for this blog and each is ink on card (8×10″). For the work above, I asked Gepeng to follow his inspiration … Continue reading
This was a full-page advertisement in the October 1980 issue of Tiger Beat. Thank heavens for large promotional budgets; I was a fairly regular reader of Tiger Beat at the time, and women or girls rarely featured on its pages.
Black flock (courier bold) on vintage 80s heather grey mock turtleneck. Marotta Brigades “work shirt” (my design, revised and printed at “My Cup of Tee,” Jakarta, Indonesia)
In my previous post, I alluded — again! — to one of the many sites of loss in Times Square. Pamela (Trini Alvarado) has awoken to find Nicky (Robin Johnson) gone. The shot reverses to reveal Pamela’s viewpoint: Nicky’s now-empty … Continue reading
each day the long light dims and fades not lost, but gone before (the breeders)